Molecular Staging is addressing this demand with a portfolio of products and services based on technologies that are transforming the detection and measurement of both proteins and nucleic acids.
- The epigenetics of cancer, a recent view
- Structure of an enzyme and its in hibitor
- Rolling Circle Amplification Technology–Technical Details
- Human skin analysis
- Development and morphogenesis: potentialities from common patterns
- PROPERTIES OF DNA
- Induction therapy of autophagy and apoptosis in melanoma cells
- Cancer as a Disease of the Cell Cycle
- Tigar or how p53 controls glycolysis
- Molecular basis of interactions between integrin and plectina
- Parallel evolution of the venom of snakes and integrin
- RCAT™—Research Reagents
- Molecular link between aging and cancer
- The mitofusin 2 in mitochondrial energization
- Viroids and Arabidopsis thaliana, convenient relations
Extensive research on the regulation of homeostasis and lung tumorigenesis has been published in Nature Genetics by Group Signaling and Cell Cycle of the CNIO. The work led by Ángel Rodríguez Nebreda has been developed in collaboration with other researchers from the Molecular Oncology Programme at the CNIO. The article demonstrates that p38α MAPK protein is essential for proper regulation of proliferation and differentiation of stem cells and progenitor cells of the lung .
The protein kinase p38α MAPK is a very important role in the development of appropriate cellular responses. The work has tried to study in vivo the function of this protein in both lung homeostasis and in response to tumor induction. For this, they used genetically modified mice and in vitro cultures of stem cells from mouse lung.
The results have led to evidence that the p38α MAPK-deficient mice suffer hypercellularity and decreased alveolar cavities due to the lack of coordination in the signaling pathways that control proliferation and differentiation of alveolar tissue. In addition, the absence of p38α MAPK facilitates tumorigenesis induced K-ras gene in mice. The study also demonstrated that it is possible to grow in the laboratory of stem cells from mouse lung can be caused by two main types of alveolar cells: pneumocytes that give rise to the pulmonary alveoli, and Clara cells that form the bronchioles. With these results, the study has highlighted the essentiality of p38α MAPK for the proper functioning of lung stem cells, and demonstrate the negative consequences of some anti-inflammatory drugs that act as inhibitors of this kinase.
It is now a year and a half inaugurábamos this section have been pleasantly surprised by very high-level work, published in full by Spanish researchers in international journals of high impact. After this period not only failed to place a welcome fact that, fortunately and finally, it is more than usual in the areas of science that have greater investment, especially for its implications in medicine of the future but so is also its own merits in regard to basic research . Read the rest of this entry »